Friday, May 09, 2008



I Remember Mama


Mom, as we are nearing Mother's Day, 2008, my thoughts turn to you. I'm writing this to you today in hopes that heaven's mail system is better than the one we have down here.

You constantly amazed me, Mom, with your energy and untiring love. How could you do so many things at one time? You were always drying a tear or finding me a playmate, taking me to scout meetings, making hot soup when I was sick, hemming a dress...

Teaching me to...respect your elders, wipe your feet, do unto others, say your prayers, don't get wet, wipe your nose, kill them with kindness, pretty is as pretty does...

And later in life all your little sayings...if it was meant to be, it was meant to be; that's why they make chocolate and vanilla; tighter than Dick's hatband; beauty is only skin deep..

Sometimes I took you for granted but you never complained and was always there for me. Mom, you enriched my life in so many ways. Your strength, patience and most of all love will always be remembered.

So, on this Mother's Day, Mom, I want to thank you for giving me life and being there when I needed you. You may be gone but not forgotten and you live in everything I do.

Linda

(my mom, Earlean, on left in photo above, with her sister)

No comments: